Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Reading is family fun


I love to read! Witch is a new thing for me. I grew up having a very hard time with reading and spelling due to dyslexia and really hated it as a kid. Now that I'm older and doing ti for fun not because I have too reading has become a very big hobby for me. I have been reading so much (on the computer and books them self's) that I have never really seen how much I have improved.

What got me to see how well I can read and enjoy getting all wrapped up in to a story was this passed week. I decided to re-read the Twilight saga all 4 books one right after the other. I'm a HUGE Twilight fan (most of you know that and think I'm crazy too :P) so it was really neat to go see the movie (3x's yes 3x's). The movie got me all excited and rekindled my love for the story's. I sat down with Twilight last week and have just finished last night with the last and 4th book of the series. It only took me a week to read all 4 of those books. I was taking my time too not trying to rush and just really enjoying the story.

The best part was the kids where watching me read book after book and have been obsessed with reading themselves. Justin can read now so him and Skyla would sit and he will read them story's. He has even taking up the chore of reading our nightly bed time story to all of us. Skyla love to sit and look at books and make up her own stories about what she see in the pics. Mick has even taken up to more reading (guess what he is reading now YEP Twilight). Its so nice to see my family sitting and enjoying some good books. Its really nice to see the kids enjoying it, I really hope the love of reading will stay with them.
O on another Twilight note. If you have not read the half of "Midnight Sun" (twilight from Edwards point of view) that is on Stephenie Meyer's web site you need too. It got leaked out wile she was still writing it so she has decided to not finish it (I'm hoping she changes her mind) but what is there is GREAT! It really give you a other side to look at and you feel like to know more about Edward and Bella. Its really good.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm so glad that the Twilight series has kindled a love of reading for you!

I hope Josie will love reading as much as I did. She likes to look at books, so I hope she will love reading, too.

Melissa Savage said...

Wow, impressive! I just finished #4 for the first time last week. It didn't take me long, once I got into it, but there's no way I could read all 4 in one week!

We miss you guys too! Lia really misses Skyla and Joy School. I'm sure we'll be around during the Christmas break, we'll have to get together sometime.