Friday, June 13, 2008

Im running away!


You always hear funny stories of kids who get mad at there parents or siblings then threaten to leave home by running away. I never thought my kids were that dramatic to ever come up with that..........I have been proven wrong!


Today is Justin's first day of summer break and so far by 11am this day have been crazy! The kids are non stop screaming, fighting, being goofy and loud. Not to mention all they want to do is eat everything they can.


Well it finally got to a point where Justin and Skyla were just getting on each others nerves. Everything Justin tried to do alone Sky would come by and mess with it. Everything Skyla had Justin wanted and would try to con her in to giving it to him. Well Sky won this round and finally made Justin break. He got mad and went in to his room, he asked me to not let Sky in that he need some alone time. I was so happy to hear that and to see him act grown up and just walk away and go cool off (or so I thought). About 10 min goes by and Justin comes out of the his room with his suite case in tow. He stops in front of me with this mad look on his face (he got really made when I laughed and took a pic of him). He then tells me he has had enough of Skyla and just cant live in these conditions any more (those were his words, now you try not to laugh when a 6 year old is tell you this). SO I asked him what he would like to do to make it better and he looks down and his suit case and then back and me with a very serious face and said "Mom its not you its Skyla, I love you very much but I just cant live like this. SO Im going to go live with Nana and Papa can you please get me a plan ticket and drive me to the air port?"


I had to bite my lip so hard to stop myself from falling off my chair from laughter. It was so funny!!


So I got control of myself and gave him a hug and pulled a guilt trip on him to get him to change his mind. I told him that if he left I would cry cause I would miss him so much (that worked great, after I said that he said he wouldn't go) Then I told him that he just has to learn that Skyla is still small and learning how to act, and if he wants a nice house to live in he has to stop fighting with her and help me teach her how to behave. With all that said the last hour has been nice. Justin is reading books to Skyla, there playing nice and its almost nap time so at least I know I will get some peace today.


Here's to one crazy summer :)

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

LOL! Oh-my-GOSH! That is the funniest thing I've ever heard! I don't think I would have been able to keep a straight face if my 6 yr. old were saying that to me.

I swear, Justin is destined for greatness! What a smarty!

Melissa Savage said...

Too funny! What a cute story!